Welcome to the home of Revelcon 25 - Celebrating 25 years of fannish fun! Join us at our little con with the Texas Size heart. Our theme this year is RAZZLE DAZZLE. We plan to razzle dazzle y'all with a firecrackin' good time and we want you to razzle dazzle us with your fannish participation and devotion! Speaking of fannish devotion, we have Holly Prill to thank for another amazing logo. Please take a moment to admire this year's colorful and festive logo, which captures the spirit of RAZZLE-DAZZLE so well.
In case you are new to us, RevelCon is THE only fan-run relax-a-con/zinefest in the Southwest US. It's a whiz-bang weekend of vids, panels, art, zines, merchandise, food and frolic! We are a bifictional con that caters to both genners and slashers. Come one, come all!
We had an amazing time at REVELcon 24 at our new hotel, due in large part to our wonderful staff of volunteers. The ConComm extends our heartiest thanks to:
- Holly Prill, Hospitality Queen
- Mariah Neff, Hospitality Princess
- Amy Stieglitz, Hospitality Princess
- Karen Wightman, Hospitality Princess
- Kat Weller, Video Room Assistant
- Vivian Carlson, Registration Assistant and General Factotum
- Margaret & Clif Davis, Anita Haddock and Alison Parker, Art Auction/Charity Auction
- Bill Parker, Technical Support and Video Equipment
- All of our terrific, enthusiastic Gophers
- All of our fabulous Panelists
- Everyone who participated in the Costume Cabaret or the REVELcon Skit
Crowne Plaza Brookhollow - Hotel --- Mar 21-23, 2014 --- Click the Hotel link for online booking and other info.
RevelCon Mailing list is at Revelcon@yahoogroups.com where we make announcements, post progress reports and generally keep in touch with our RevelCon sibs. We only send paper PRs to those who do not have email addresses. Click here to visit the group.
REVELcon Array of Revelry
REVELcon Array of Activities
As this is our 25th year, we continue to honor Candace Pulleine, she who started it all with the first Revelcon in 1990. Sadly, our Mother-Goddess of Revelcon passed away on June 15, 2012 after a long battle with diabetes and post-polio syndrome. Candace envisioned REVELcon as a place for fans to come together and
Check out the HOTEL link for news about RevelCon's new home!
RevelCon is now hosting GriffinSong Press - you can order their zines here.
Songvids from RevelCon 24 now available -- click here to order.
For your pleasure, we offer:
- Big Do-ins on Friday and Saturday night - the fun doesn't stop at 6pm!
- A substantial and diverse Dealers' Room. Shop for zines, art, t-shirts, jewelry, vids, chiropractic adjustments, henna tattoos, Tarot readings, magazines, and hand-made fannery
- Merchants, join up and help shopping-crazed fiends sate our acquisitive bloodlust! Check out our rates at Registration This year, due to space restrictions, our tables are limited. So buy early!
- Hospitality Suite! Munchies, sandwiches, beverages, and a quiet place to relax, eat, and chat with your fellow fen.
- Vid Show! See the newest vids by the great vidders and vote for your faves! Entries eagerly solicited. Check out the Song-Vid Contest page for info.
- Art Show and Auction! We're throwing our nets far and wide to rope in new artists and returning favorites. Want to participate?
- Vid Marathon! Stay up 'til the wee hours and watch our Special Late Nite TV Presentation. Check out Video Programming for information.
- Panels, panel, panels. Three days of fannish discussions! Give us your ideas! What fandoms/issues would *you* like to hear being discussed?
Yep, we just keep going and going and we want you to . . .Relax and Enjoy a Variety of Entertainment and Laughter
Each year REVELcon goers generously donate to our Charity Auction. Here are the charities you supported over the past few years:
- 2014 World Wildlife Fund (Celebrating our inner wild childs!)
- 2013 American Diabetes Association (in memory of Candace Pulleine)
- 2012 Special Pals (in memory of of Susan Fulton)
- 2011 Houston Food Bank
- 2010 Habitat for Horses
- 2009 Best Friends (animal rescue and rehab)
- 2008 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- 2007 American Heart Association (in memory of Beth Arganbright)
- 2006 Fan Fund Donation (for a local fan in need)