Attention! RevelCon 25 is currently in pre-production. We are planning something appropriately amazing to celebrate our 25TH ANNIVERSARY! Hint: think Razzle Dazzle. Please check back in May for more information and register NOW so you won't miss a thing in 2014.
RevelCon Mailing list is at Revelcon@yahoogroups.com where we make announcements, post progress reports and generally keep in touch with our RevelCon sibs. We only send paper PRs to those who do not have email addresses. Click here to visit the group.
Now at our NEW HOME -- Revelcon 25, Mar 21-23, 2014 --- Click the Hotel and Directions link for info!
We will happily answer any questions you have if you email us at Revelconinfo@severalunlimited.com
=>NEWSFLASH!!-- Revelcon 24 T-Shirt (Tribute to Candace) VERY LIMITED supply left! --- Click the News link for design and order info!
RevelCon is THE only fan-run relax-a-con/zinefest in the Southwest US. It's a fab weekend of vids, panels, art, zines, merchandise, food and frolic! We are a bifictional con that caters to both genners and slashers.
We just completed REVELcon 24 on March 15-17, 2013. Here is a summary of the events and activities that took place at the Con:
LAST YEAR'S THEME (2013)
SLEEPING WITH THE STARS
During the day, wear tees with your favorite celestial bodies,
after 6PM don your PJs and join the slumber party!
REVELcon Array of Revelry
REVELcon Array of Activities
This year we honor Candace Pulleine, she who started it all with the first Revelcon in 1990. Sadly, our Mother-Goddess of Revelcon passed away on June 15, 2012 after a long battle with diabetes and post-polio syndrome. We have special programming planned in honor of Candace, primarily on Saturday afternoon and evening.
Attention! We have membership specials for people who wish to attend just the Saturday tributes to Candace, for newbies and for college students. Please check Registration for more details.
Check out the HOTEL link for news about RevelCon's new home!
RevelCon is now hosting GriffinSong Press - you can order their zines here.
Songvids from RevelCon 23 now available -- click here to order.
For your pleasure, we offer:
- Big Do-ins on Friday and Saturday night - the fun doesn't stop at 6pm!
- A substantial and diverse Dealers' Room. Shop for zines, art, t-shirts, jewelry, vids, chiropractic adjustments, henna tattoos, Tarot readings, magazines, and more?
- Merchants, join up and help shopping-crazed fiends sate our acquisitive bloodlust! Check out our rates at Registration
- Hospitality Suite! Munchies, sandwiches, beverages, and a quiet place to relax, eat, and chat with your fellow fen.
- Vid Show! See the newest vids by the great vidders and vote for your faves! Entries eagerly solicited. Check out the Song-Vid Contest page for info.
- Art Show and Auction! We're throwing our nets far and wide to rope in new artists and returning favorites. Want to participate?
- Vid Marathon! Stay up 'til the wee hours and watch our Special Late Nite Movie Presentation. Check out Video Programming for information.
- Panels, panel, panels. Three days of fannish discussions! Give us your ideas! What fandoms/issues would *you* like to hear being discussed?
Yep, we just keep going and going . . .
Each year RevelCon goers generously donate to our Charity Auction. Here are the charities you supported over the past few years:
- 2013 American Diabetes Association (in memory of Candace Pulleine)
- 2012 Special Pals (in memory of of Susan Fulton)
- 2011 Houston Food Bank
- 2010 Habitat for Horses
- 2009 Best Friends (animal rescue and rehab)
- 2008 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- 2007 American Heart Association (in memory of Beth Arganbright)
- 2006 Fan Fund Donation (for a local fan in need)